Sunday, April 12, 2009

Holding on and letting go...


I love the word "Halleluiah" when Patty Griffin sings it in her song "Trapeze". I love the sound of our rattling old furnace and the crisp sun shining outside. I love the little bright green buds peeking out from our Lilac tree and find it especially sweet when tiny purple finches sit among the branches. I love that I'm going to see my nieces today and they'll be wearing their Easter dresses that make them look like little pixies...










...I love how through the simple act of writing I can touch emotions that are so raw they have no story. I love the feeling of rushing tides, the feeling of bittersweet loss, of wondering, wondering, wondering and remembering I'm glad I have memories...and secrets...

...There aren't many, but the secrets I do have are delicious and heartbreaking and probably what defines me the most. My secrets are at the core of my truth, my dreams, my desires and knowings. I love that I've experienced a loss that is ageless because it is never really lost . When I'm smiling that little smile set aside just for those moments of exquisite memory, I love knowing these secrets are mine and mine alone. I let them roll around in my heart space and I cry them out in my tears and I savour every juicy second. Every heartstopping, breathtaking, world-colliding, star-crossed second. I love that I love...

...I have endless moments of love in my life, and yet there are a very quiet few that had I not had my life would have been as dull as an old tin can. I am grateful, ceaselessly grateful for moments stolen from reason and rules and safety, when the Gypsy Soul rode free and my fingers traced what could have been along the skin of yesterday...knowing all the while there is no end, there is only now. And through a long tunnel of silence, I return, my reverie fading to distant shores and I come back to creaking floor boards and the sun that is still shining...

2 comments:

  1. Valarie...this is so beautiful just like you! This picture makes me think "soothing druid fairy"...there is a sense of symmetry in the elements represented by the sunshine, water, birds and tree meeting...not quite touching yet they intertwine in you! Namaste, Caitlin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Valerie,
    Thank you so much for your sweet comments on my blog. I am glad you found it too, because I would have never found your blog. I think you are a very eloquent writer and have such a great vibe about you. Very down to earth and you seem like such a caring soul. Oh and little princess all dolled up in their easter dresses..so cute. I will check back from time to time. Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete

Let me know you stopped by! I love comments!!!